GitHub has released its monthly report on the top trending PHP repositories for September 2022. Leading the pack is "Laravel", a free, open-source PHP web framework used for web application development. The repository has received an impressive number of stars, forks, and contributions, solidifying its position as the most popular PHP framework among developers.
Coming in at second place is "PHP-FIG", a group of PHP developers who have come together to create and promote standards for PHP development. The repository includes various standards such as PSR-1, PSR-2, and PSR-4, which have been widely adopted by the PHP community.
In third place is "Symfony", another popular PHP web framework that is known for its modular design and reusable components. The repository has seen significant growth in contributions and stars, indicating a strong demand for this framework among developers.
Other notable mentions include "PHPUnit", a popular unit testing framework for PHP, and "PHPMailer", a library for sending emails from PHP scripts. These repositories have also seen an increase in contributions and stars, solidifying their position as essential tools for PHP development.
Overall, September 2022 has been a strong month for PHP development on GitHub, with many popular repositories seeing significant growth and engagement from the community. This trend is a clear indication of the continued popularity and importance of PHP in the world of web development.
Top Trending PHP Repositories on GitHub (September 2022)
The PHP programming language continues to be a popular choice for web developers, and there are many repositories on GitHub that offer useful tools and resources for those working with this language. Here are some of the top trending PHP repositories on GitHub for September 2022:
- Laravel: Laravel is a free, open-source PHP web framework used for web application development. It is known for its elegant syntax and tools for tasks such as routing, authentication, and caching. It has a huge community support, and number of packages available.
- PHP-CS-Fixer: This repository offers a set of scripts for automatically formatting and cleaning up PHP code, making it easier to maintain and share.
- PHPUnit: PHPUnit is a unit testing framework for PHP. It provides both a framework that makes it easy to write tests and a library that helps you test your own code.
- Symfony: Symfony is a set of reusable PHP components and a web application framework. It is designed to help developers build robust, scalable, and maintainable web applications.
- PHP-DI: PHP-DI is a Dependency Injection Container for PHP. It makes your code more flexible and easy to test by automatically wiring objects together, based on their types and names.
These are some of the most popular and trending PHP repositories on GitHub for September 2022. Each of these tools offers a unique set of features and can be used in different ways to improve the development of PHP web applications.